It’s hard to believe that we’ve been married for more than 25 years. (It’s not that we’re surprised we’re still married — it’s that we can’t believe it’s been 25 years since our wedding day!) If there’s one theme that’s been a big part of our quarter-century together, it’s travel.
Over the past 25 years, we’ve been lucky enough to visit four continents, 33 countries, 37 US states, and 42 US national parks. (Yes, we’re listers.) We decided to extend our 25th anniversary celebration to our blog by listing our 25 favorite travel destinations. (We’re looking forward to spending the next 25 years adding to the list!)
- Virgin Islands National Park, St. John, USVI
- Great Barrier Reef, Australia
- Serengeti National Park, Tanzania
- Cinque Terre, Italy
- Gimmelwald, Switzerland
- Hallstatt, Austria
- Sydney, Australia
- National Park of American Samoa
- Zanzibar, Tanzania
- Paris, France
- Exmouth, Western Australia
- Monteverde, Costa Rica
- Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska, USA
- Wrangell-St. Elias National Park, Alaska, USA
- Glacier National Park, Montana, USA
- Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming, USA
- Lassen Volcanic National Park, California, USA
- Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia
- Washington, DC, USA
- Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada
- Crater Lake National Park, Oregon, USA
- Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge, Florida, USA
- New York, New York, USA
- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- San Francisco, California, USA
Honorable mentions: Denali and Kenai Fjords National Parks, Alaska, USA; Chicago, Illinois, USA; and of course our go-to destination: the Oregon coast. Of course, even after 25 years, we still love exploring our hometown, the Rose City of Portland, Oregon. It doesn’t exactly qualify as a travel destination for us because we live here. But we certainly recommend it as a travel destination for those who don’t!
We had a ton of fun compiling the list and revisiting our fantastic travel memories, but we have to admit that ranking them was tough — how can you compare a beachside resort in Mexico with the wildlife and views of the mountains?!? Ask us tomorrow, and we’d probably shuffle the rankings!
Wherever your travel adventures take you, we hope that you enjoy your week or your weekend as much as we’ve enjoyed traveling together over the past 25 years! Cheers!